2016: Scott's installation Low-Res Arborscope is installed at SOMArts Gallery in San Francisco, running February 18-Marh 23, 2016. Opening Feb. 18.
2015: Scott's four-screen installation Shimmering Spectacles was installed at the California Historical Society March-April 2015 as part of the City Rising celebration of the centennial of the 1915 Panama Pacific International Expo. See the documentation.
Recent screenings: 2013
- San Francisco International Film Festival; BLOOM
- Crossroads Film Festival, San Francisco: The Realist (world premiere), and other works Longhorn Tremolo and Compressive/Percussive
- Australia International Experimental Film Festival, Melbourne, Australia: The Realist, BLOOM
- Experiments in Cinema, Albuquerque, NM: BLOOM
- FLEX Film Festival, Gainesville, FL: BLOOM, Traces (winner, long-form 35mm film)
- Images Festival, Toronto, Ontario, Canada: BLOOM
- San Francisco International Film Festival: BLOOM
- Big Muddy Film Festival: Carbondale, IL: BLOOM
- San Francisco Art Institute: one-person screening of works 1996-2008.
Texas Filmmakers Production Fund (2012); Black Maria Film Festival Director's Choice Award (2013), for BLOOM; Black Maria Film Festival Grand Prize (2008 for Speechless); Guggenheim Fellowship (2007); California Arts Council Grant (2002); Juror's Choice Award, Black Maria Film Festival (1999); SF Bay Guardian Goldie Award (1998); Director's Choice Award, Black Maria Film Festival (1995); Director's Choice Award, Black Maria Film Festival (1994); Juror's Choice Award, Black Maria Film Festival (1994); Honorable Mention Award, film+arc, Film & Architecture Festival, Graz, Austria; Film Arts Foundation Media Arts Grant; Artspace Equipment Access Grant (1993); Special Jury Prize, SFAI Film Festival, 1986; Special Jury Prize, SFAI Film Festival, 1985
MacDowell Colony (2012); I-Park (2011); MacDowell Colony (2007)